Greater Geelong Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Greater Geelong Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing geelong.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Greater Geelong for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Greater Geelong?
Greater Geelong Galleries and Museums
Galleries, museums and historical venues make up some of the most culturally enlightening experiences for people all around the world. For those who live in and around the Greater Geelong area in Victoria, Australia, there is no shortage of places to experience and learn from. In this article, we will categorise, list and describe some of the most notable venues to visit in and around Greater Geelong.
1. Geelong Gallery: This is an art museum located in Johnstone Park in the central business district of Geelong. The collection includes Australian and European paintings, sculptures and ceramics from the 18th century to the present day.
2. Boom Gallery: This art gallery is located in Newtown, Geelong and showcases contemporary paintings, sculptures, photography and mixed media.
3. Narana Aboriginal Cultural Centre: Narana is a cultural centre showcasing the lifestyle, stories, history and art of Indigenous Australians. It is located in Grovedale, just a few minutes from Geelong.
1. National Wool Museum: This museum is located in Geelong and tells the story of Australia's wool industry, from the sheep to the clothes we wear.
2. Barwon Grange: This historical mansion in Newtown, Geelong, was built in 1853 and is now a museum showcasing the lifestyle of a wealthy Victorian family.
3. Fort Queenscliff Museum: Fort Queenscliff is a military installation from the 1860s and is now a museum showcasing the history of Australia's coastal defence.
1. The Geelong Waterfront: Geelong's waterfront is a bustling area filled with cafes, restaurants, parks and historical landmarks. It is also the location of the iconic Bollards, which are painted wooden figures representing the city's history.
2. The Old Geelong Gaol: This is a former prison located in Geelong that is now a museum showcasing the history of the prison and the stories of the inmates.
3. The Heritage listed Queenscliff Railway Station: This station is a historic landmark, designed by Victorian Railways chief engineer George Christian Darbyshire in 1882. It now operates as a tourist attraction and is a gateway to the Bellarine Peninsula.
there are many cultural experiences to be had in and around Greater Geelong, Victoria. Whether it be visiting an art gallery, a museum or a historical venue, there is no shortage of opportunities to learn about the history and culture of this wonderful region. So next time you're in the area, be sure to check out some of the venues listed above and explore all that Greater Geelong has to offer.
Greater Geelong Galleries and Museums Articles