Greater Geelong Who's Who
Distinguished and Famous people from Greater Geelong
1. Richard Keith Callinan - Renowned Australian artist known for his landscape and portrait paintings. He was born in Geelong in 1925.
2. Graeme Murphy - Esteemed Australian choreographer, director, and former dancer. Murphy was born in Geelong in 1950 and is known for his innovative works in ballet and contemporary dance.
3. Geoffrey Blainey - Highly regarded Australian historian and academic, particularly known for his studies on economic and social history. Blainey was born in Geelong in 1930 and has authored numerous influential books.
4. The Fyfe Sisters - Acclaimed Australian musicians hailing from Geelong. The Fyfe Sisters, named Esme (born 1904) and Myra (born 1908), were internationally recognized for their violin and piano performances during the early 20th century.
5. Fred Hill - Respected Australian rules footballer who played for the Geelong Football Club in the 1950s. Hill had a successful career as a full-back and represented Victoria in interstate matches.
6. Jamie Cobby - Accomplished Australian cyclist who excelled primarily in track cycling events. Cobby, born in Geelong in 1973, represented Australia in numerous international competitions and won several medals.
7. Eleanor Dark - Esteemed Australian writer and author, known for her novels and short stories. Dark was born in Geelong in 1901 and gained recognition for her works exploring themes of social issues and historical fiction.
8. Jaala Pulford - Noteworthy Australian politician and member of the Victorian Legislative Council. Pulford, born in Geelong in 1969, has served in various ministerial positions, focusing on regional development and agriculture.
These are just a few examples of distinguished individuals associated with Greater Geelong in Victoria, Australia. Their achievements and contributions have made a significant impact in their respective fields.